About the Project
Kingdom of Jordan
Public Finance Management
Public Investment Management System (PIMS) for the Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation of Jordan.
As part of a comprehensive reform agenda, the Government of Jordan sought to improve public investment management and speed up how projects move from preparation to implementation. To do so, the Government needed a digital solution to appraise, prioritize, plan, and monitor new investment projects efficiently—all in one place. With funding from the World Bank, the Government chose Synergy’s Public Investment Management Suite (PIMS) as the best-fit solution to power the envisioned solution, known as the National Registry of Investment Projects (NRIP).
In 2019, Jordan’s Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation (MoPIC) adopted a new Public Investment Management (PIM) – Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) Framework, which called for the implementation of the NRIP. Under the management of the Ministry’s PIM Unit, the NRIP would help to digitalize PIM processes, improve project portfolio and document management, strengthen data quality and accessibility, and enable geographic mapping of projects. In late 2020, following an international procurement process, the Government of Jordan awarded Synergy a contract to develop the NRIP.
The newly launched NRIP covers both public investment and public-private partnership (PPP) projects. Additionally, it digitalizes the process of submitting, reviewing, and approving project concept notes and other project documents, such as pre-feasibility studies, feasibility studies, tender documents, and PPP contracts. Though currently focused on project preparation, the NRIP will progressively expand to cover the entire PIM cycle, including project management and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
- The Government of Jordan needed to better manage public investments by streamlining and accelerating how projects move from preparation to implementation.
- Synergy worked closely with the Ministry’s PIM Unit to rigorously tailor the PIMS software to the specific needs of the Government.
- Synergy digitalized all processes for managing public investment and PPP projects.
- Officially launched in February 2023, the NRIP is the Government’s single source of truth on all planned and active public investment and PPP projects.
- The NRIP is a mission-critical tool that enables effective communication among the PIM Unit, line ministries, other government stakeholders, and the public.