About the Project
Corruption Prevention, Asset Declaration
Electronic Platform for Declarations of Assets, Incomes, Expenditures, and Interests (EPD)
Armenia’s Electronic Platform for Declarations of Assets, Incomes, Expenditures, and Interests (EPD) represents a significant milestone in the nation’s commitment to combat corruption. The EPD was designed for Armenia’s Corruption Prevention Commission (CPC), which was established in 2019. Launched on February 1, 2023, the platform aims to greatly improve the way asset declarations are filed, processed, and monitored in the Republic of Armenia (RA).
Built on Synergy’s IDM platform with funding from the World Bank, the EPD possesses core modules designed to capture and manage comprehensive data seamlessly. Leveraging differentiated data forms and validations tailored to declarant types, the EPD is interconnected to government databases, including the State Revenue Committee and the Registry of Population, ensuring automatic data population for high efficiency.
The EPD stands as a testament to Armenia’s commitment to leveraging technology for transparency and efficiency in governance.
- Manual processes faced delays and errors due to labor-intensive tasks, impeding the declaration process.
- Ensuring compliance with RA law through a manual declaration process introduced delays within CPC, causing a lack of efficiency.
- The absence of a unified system at the CPC led to data duplication and systemic inefficiencies, creating obstacles to a streamlined and efficient asset declaration process for public officials and their families.
- Synergy and CPC collaborated to ensure that the EPD captures detailed information on public officials, nominees, political leaders, and their family members through the Profiles Module.
- The EPD is integrated with key government databases for automatic data population.
- The Declarations Module of EPD adheres to the RA law and covers a spectrum of assets, with automated processes for submissions, updates, and reviews.
- The EPD facilitates seamless registration and management of political parties, along with tracking financial transactions and revenues derived from registration fees.
- The EPD automates and simplifies the often-complicated declaration process, saving declarants’ time and effort.
- The number of annual declarations filed for 2022 through the EPD was 12,976, the number of declarations filed upon assumption of office and termination of office was 2,697 and 2,947, respectively.
- The EPD is now actively used by different groups of declarants, with 31,579 registered users and 41,309 profiles.
- The EPD not only fulfills its role in streamlining asset declaration processes but also significantly empowers the CPC in its mission to detect and prevent corruption.