About the Project
Monitoring & Evaluation
Electronic Project Management Information System (e-ProMIS) for the Government of Kenya
The e-ProMIS is the Government of Kenya’s main platform for monitoring the performance and implementation of development projects and programs.
The e-ProMIS fully automates the collection, reporting, and analysis of data for over 2000 projects by the Ministry of Finance, the donor community, 41 line ministries, provincial governments, project monitoring units, and other budgetary units across the country.
- Lack of integrated project information needed for the linkage of policies, planning and budgeting.
- Inefficient M&E process not aligned with Government of Kenya’s national strategy and policy.
- Lack of transparency and accountability in the utilization of development funds.
- Centralized data repository with instant access to data.
- Standardized, consolidated, and quantitative reporting on projects implemented throughout the country.
- Integrated administrative workflows for monitoring the alignment of development projects with Kenya’s Vision 2030.
- E-ProMIS was launched in 2010, contains data on over 2000 projects from more than 1200 active users.
- The system monitors and reports on several hundred development projects under the framework of the national budget.
- e-ProMIS supports the GoK’s efforts to establish a reliable mechanism of reporting on projects implemented throughout the country.