About the Project
Water, Sanitation & Hygiene
Water and Sanitation Sector (WSS) Open Data Monitoring Platform
The WSS Open Data Monitoring platform for the Government of Bangladesh’s Local Government Department’s (LGD) Policy Support Unit includes an M&E module for tracking the progress of key indicators for Bangladesh’s Sector Development Plan (SDPs), a Web Portal for the collection, analysis and dissemination of information, GIS mapping of WSS data, as well as a Smartphone application for mobile-to-web data capture and dissemination in provincial areas. The system was funded by the World Bank Water and Sanitation Program (WSP).
- Lack of a comprehensive and real-time open-data sharing and data coordination mechanism for LCG joint operations with other WSS stakeholders.
- Requirement for up-to-date results data and analytics on Bangladesh’s entire portfolio of WSS activities in order to appropriately meet the WSP’s goals for Bangladesh.
- Creation of a joint open data monitoring platform, a one-stop shop M&E web dashboard for Open data Monitoring
- Coordinating stakeholders and producing reports on WSS activities in Bangladesh
- Smartphone application for mobile-to-web data capture and dissemination in provincial areas.
- The system serves as a central location for analysis of GIS data, Hard to Reach (HtR) area data, population data, survey data, census and composite service delivery indicator data.
- It automates the coordination between government agencies, NGOs, the Sector Information System (SIS) and LCG (Local Consultative Group) of WSS.
- Furnishes up-to-date results data and analytics on the country’s entire portfolio of WSS activities